UA CineHub respects personal data and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”). This Policy is applicable to any persons that their personal data is collected, by whatever means, used and held by UA CineHub.
Kinds of Personal Data Collected, Used and / or Held
Only email address, telephone number, survey and activity comments as well as transaction records will be collected, used and / or held by us.
Main Purposes of collecting and / or RETAINING Personal Data
You may provide us with your personal data at your own will. Should you are under the age of 18, please consult your parents or guardians before providing your personal data. If we are unable to obtain such data that specifies as “mandatory fields”, the requested services, products, gifts, privileges or information cannot be provided.
The main purposes of collecting and retaining personal data are as follows:
- Payments: Credit card information will only be used for necessary payment of the purchase of ticket(s) and other products through our website;
- Handling of Activity, Seminar and Event: Registration, verification of identity, clearing fees, gifts redemptions, patronage and communication;
- Group Ticketing, House Booking or other services: Patronage, communication, service confirmation, clearing fees, venue arrangement, service schedule, etc.;
- Handling of Personal Data Requests: Verification of identity for handling requests of access, correction and erasure of personal data;
- Statistics: Carry out statistics and data analysis, such relevant reports will contain only anonymous data for the purpose of improving our service and product quality and as marketing statistics for clients’ reference;
- Direct Promotions and Marketing: Only after obtaining your consent, we may send or contact you from time to time to share promotional or marketing information, promotional and marketing subjects shall include our film introduction, activities, seminars, events, privilege and gifts; also business partners’ services and products: travel, banking and finance, beauty and cosmetics, property and shopping mall, entertainment, sports, music, gaming, transportation, automobile, household, fashion & clothing, retail, dining, food, beverage, insurance, gambling, education, health and well-being, drugs, culture & arts, environmental protection, charity, book and magazines, social networking, technology & e-commerce, mobile application, mobile payment, cloud services, media and consumer products and services.
Subscription of eDM
Accuracy and Change of Personal Data
In order to ensure the correctness of the personal data retained by us, particularly contact details, you may receive our request of confirmation or verification. Please feel free to contact us for correction or change of personal data or your desire to opt-out from receiving future direct promotional and marketing information. Your request will be processed and will come to effect within 14 working days after our receipt of your request. This service is free of charge.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data provided via the purchase of tickets and other products (including credit card information), will only be retained for 180 days after the completion of the activity, seminar or event.
Access to Your Personal Data
You are welcome to contact us for requesting access to a copy of your personal data maintained by us. We will only handle such requests made by you in person. This service is free of charge.
Personal Data Handling and Security Measure
Your personal data collected and maintained by us may be transferred to certain professional services companies for processing on our behalf, or accessed by these companies for facilitating our services. These professional services may include activities / seminars / events registration, ticketing system operation, eDM processing, website management, system development and maintenance etc.
We has established and implemented security measures and monitoring procedures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of the data, and will monitor and ensure services companies to take the same security measures. All personnel that may access to the data will be ensured complying with the requirements of data protection.
UA CineHub’s security measures are listed below:
- The services companies shall not keep any personal data transferred to them longer than as necessary for processing of the data;
- Controls on password complexity, re-tries or resets are implemented to prevent passwords from being compromised;
- Advanced encryption technology is used to protect the safety of personal data (including email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information and purchase records) during transmission. Our SecureSocketLayer (SSL) system will prevent your data being transmitted from unauthorized interception or access by THIRD PARTIES;
- Individual and separate server(s) with properly configured firewall are used to store personal data;
- Only the personnel that have been trained with the strict privacy guidelines and procedures are authorized to access or handle your personal data. Such personnel are accountable for any non-compliance with the related obligations;
- The SECURITY SYSTEM will be reviewed regularly.
Apart from the requirements from professional services companies and statutory requirements, we will not transfer or disclose any of your personally identifiable data to any other parties.
Photo and Video Recording of Events
We reserves the right to record the activities, seminars and events, including but not limited to photos, audios, videos and other forms of documentary records, for future promotional use.
Limitation of Liability
We has implemented all reasonably practicable procedures, measures and steps to safeguard the security of your personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is totally secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Unless there is proved negligence, we shall not bear any liabilities therefor. Our liabilities, if any, shall only limit and subject to the scopes set out in the terms and conditions of this Policy and our website.
Third Party Websites
After clicking on an advertisement or a hyperlink button on our website, you may have left our website and entered the website of our advertising client, content provider, supplier, associated company or business partner. Your visit to these third parties’ websites is not protected by this Policy.
These third parties’ websites are not owned or controlled by us. We have not authorized them to collect any personal data from you. Therefore, we are not responsible for any exposure of your data at these websites or losses arising from a third party website’s practice or policy. Please contact the manager or owner of such websites directly for any enquiries or questions about their own privacy practices or policies.
We may amend the Policy from time to time. If we make any substantial amendments in the way we process your Personal Data, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the website. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice.
You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Policy.
When you browse our website, the internet provider will store your data. Such data may include IP address, operating system, web browser model, internet supplier and number of storage. The internet provider will disclose to us your visit only as a “hit” and the web browser model. We collect this data solely for statistic purpose. No personal data will be analyzed.
Should there be any differences or inconsistencies between the Chinese version and English version of this Policy, the Chinese version shall prevail.